Monday 28 June 2010

Spread Legs in Cottingham

Anticipation is building ahead of this weeks 'local derby' match at the Spread Eagle, Cottingham. The Red Lion Tuesday League team go into the match with confidence at an all time 'moderate' after last weeks narrow escape against the Market Harborough Catholic Club 'B' team.

An epic game of nip-and-tuck was brought to a thrilling conclusion by team captain Fiona 'Dancing Queen' Barby. With everything to play for, and the post-match supper tantalisingly out of reach, Fiona stepped up to the plate and delivered the coup de grĂ¢ce and our 7th victory of the season. Now that's what I call leading from the rear...

The Beer Leg proved a throw too far, and the less said about my own shoddy performance the better..... in fact I've said too much already.....

Special mention must go to resident Carling shareholder Linsey, who was playing... then he wasn't... then he was, which is hardly the kind of preparation a man needs ahead of such an important game. When asked about the current 'last-minute' selection process employed for the Tuesday team, captain Fiona said 'If it's good enough for Fabio and the England football team, it's good enough for me.....' Oh Dear!

I must put on record that I've volunteered to drive the team to this weeks away match. Never let it be said that I don't pull my weight in the 'driving to away match' stakes. Admittedly I can't commit to driving anyone back home again, but the offer's there, it's well intentioned, and comes with virtually no strings attached... When I've extracted the current mileage rate from Fiona I'll be happy to firm the offer up and put it in writing.

Next Match (Away): Spread Eagle, Cottingham - Tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment