Tuesday 10 August 2010

Naked Jelly Wrestling - Cancelled!

Intriguing news of the day. Rothwell Conservative Club 'B' have drawn one of their matches. So they are human after all!

OK, let's get this in perspective. Rothwell Cons are top of the 'B' league, with Red Lion 'B' snapping several yards behind their heels in second place. Even with this single draw, Rothwell remain unbeaten, whilst the Red have lost both home and away to the top team. So summing up, our chances of topping the league have now gone from 'Nil', to 'Practically Nil', which is progress of sorts.

Our cause has been helped by another home win, this time against the Shoulder of Mutton team from across the border in Great Bowdenshire. As far as picking the team was concerned, my Naked Jelly Wrestling idea was vetoed. Instead I made it into the team by sheer chance through the drawing of names out of a (metaphorical) hat, though following my woeful performance on the night the two-man Jelly Vat may get a try out yet...

The only thing wobbling on the night was my throw. I reacquainted myself with the skittling traditions of 'Hitting the Front' and 'Sailing through the Middle', neither of which are good things in case you were wondering. I lost my game, and joined fellow struggler Linsey McCarling in the 'naughty corner' of the bar. Regular 'form' players Alec and Kingpin McQueenie helped rescue the match, and we marched on to win the Beer Leg 3-2.

As far as we can tell, the Red Lion have still won the most Beer Legs. I think this says a lot about the Red Lion 'B' team's staunch commitment to Beer.... and Legs! I think I can safely say that we like them both, though I must say I find that one is usually tastier than the other... legs that is...

A Milestone Beer, and the welcome return of Great Oakley Wot's Occuring ensured more beer was drunk than absolutely necessary. This is as it should be, and I'll hopefully be along for the ride next week, even though I won't be throwing anything cheese-like. Being dropped from the team doesn't mean I can't support our players in the only way I know how. A proudly raised glass of ale at the Catholic Club bar.

Next Match (Away): Catholic Club, Market Harborough (17th August)

No comments:

Post a Comment