Tuesday 4 May 2010

Local Derby

The Spread Eagle, Cottingham came to play this evening. Ever so slightly short on numbers, but full of Vim, Vigour, and all the fighting spirit you'd expect from a team barely a cheese-throw from the Red Lion. A real 'Local Derby', and a grand night out.

For my part, the skittling was very poor. Almost whupped by a plucky young Spread Eagle novice who deserved more from the game than she got. I hit the front, sailed over the table, went through the middle, and approached the whole match like the proverbial Rabbit in the Headlight. My Hutch was well and truly rattled...

This Rabbit didn't disappear into it's burrow though. Oh No! Cometh the Beer Leg, cometh the... err!... Bunny! From somewhere deep down (alright, that's enough rabbity/burrow nonsense) I managed to find some form and throw a few decent cheeses. Never has the cry of 'About Time Too...' been so appropriate. I doubt this will save me from the ignominy of being 'dropped' for next weeks game. My averages were very poor indeed, and when Fiona 'The Pinny' Barby runs her slide-rule over the figures, well, it's only a matter of time before the chopper quite literally chops, and I'm reduced to supping beer on the sidelines without so much as a cheese to my name. Actually, come to think of it, this doesn't sound too bad...

Beer Report - Red Lion, Middleton

Great Oakley Wot's Occuring was in fine form as ever, with the Mocha-tastic Delapre Dark available for dark ale fans. Rockinghm Forest Cider was still considered too strong for regular Skittles fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment